BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Two Things...........



Sometimes selfishness is what will save you from a lifetime of regret and self loathing. My father (the only person in the world who will love me unconditionally and argue my perfection to the grave.) once told me that there are two things in life I am allowed to be selfish about. One, is what I want to do with my life, (meaning career) and two, who I want to be with. These two things, not money, not possessions, will make me happy. The ideal career path chosen by an individual, will most likely reflect a lot of their personal interests and gifts. If this path is not taken the person, whomever in the world will be unsatisfied with their occupation for as long as they live, it is not debatable. And I think it goes without saying, but I will say anyway, the unhappiness a person feels when they "settle" for someone. Ideal happiness comes from a reflection of yourself in another, I personally, disagree that opposites attract. The person that is quintessential for the opposites happiness will be the one who has the same interests, e.i. religion, activities, and is pushing themselves towards the same type of future and ending, together. To have occupational and marriageable happiness, you must be selfish, because these are the things in your life that will not come and go, like money, these things drive a person, day in and day out, so be selfish, and be happy!

0 comments: