BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Stress


I recently learned the effects of stress on the human body. I also recently took a test to determine how vulnerable to stress I am. The results were as expected, I am, to say the least vulnerable, to stress. The long and short of it is, stress is one of the worst things you can do to your body. Stress can: Make you fat, make your hormones go ballistic, the effects of the hormone malfunctions due to a prolonged ample amount of stress can cause autoimmune deficiencies, and cancer, of course cancer. There are a few simple techniques that can decrease a person's stress: exercise, deep breathing and meditating. Anything that relaxes you can be stress relieving, in this day and age I think it is important for us to take time out of our day, everyday, to practice some relaxation techniques, even if it just deep breathing. For me personally, I read bible verses, it helps me to remember that everything happening here and now is not all that there is. When I read these words of encouragement I remember that I am not alone, and I am taken care of no matter what happens to material possessions, and I will always be taken care of and loved. In the end people need love and completeness, and that is what I feel from God when I reach out. I get lost in this crazy world, I forget what makes me whole, I will never forget again. AMEN!

0 comments: