BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oxymoronic Situation.


I have a manager at my job who is pregnant. She is emotional to being with, and now that she has a bun in the oven she is practically unbearable. I avoid these types of people, they bring me down, and i don't like to be down. Enough said. So, Friday night at work I asked a couple of questions about the seating arrangements in the dining room. After being ignored, twice, I decided to shut my mouth and go on about my business. Once this manager realized that I was upset and not saying anything about it she came up to ask me a few questions herself, right in the middle of the bar. After giving her three short one word aswers to her questions (very obviously not wanting to talk) she proceeded to ask me questions about the actions taken, or lack thereof (in regards to my original questions at the beginning of the night). I then began to tell her that since I had been ignored and there had been no actions taken, that the situation was largely due to incompetence. I was fired that Friday night and was to babysit my boss's kids the next morning. ( the owner of the restaurant) After arriving at their house at seven a.m. I proceeded to tell my boss's wife the entire story. After he left for work he came home to ask me if I had anything to tell him, and so I told him the entire story, although because I am about 99% intimidated by this man, I did a completely horrible job defending myself. Every time I would defend something I did or said, I would support the manager and her decision completely (dumb). Anyway, after telling me how disappointed he was at the situation (mind you, at this time his children were jumping all over me screaming "Quinnie, watch this." "Quinnie look at me!") he told me that he wouldn't have anyone else watch his girls, how he loved having me there and how good I am with children. So, I guess the moral of the story is, Quinn, you are perfect in dealing with small children, teaching and spending time with, but you are obviously insubordinate at work????? really ?!?! Se la vie.

0 comments: